Design policy of the program
The program focuses on strengthening students’ understanding of Japanese management and Japanese companies, while equipping them with the basic knowledge and global expertise of a regular MBA program. You gain practical experience in real business environments, including internship experience in regional government organizations and private companies. Classes are offered on weeknights and Saturdays, allowing you to work during the day while attending the course.
As 2019 marks the fifth year of this program, we are undertaking a strengthening of the GMBA curriculum. We are enhancing the compatibility of the GMBA program with the existing Japanese MBA program by equalizing course credits, and increasing the credits required for graduation by 10 to a total of 48 credits.
Total of 48 credits
- 12 credits in practical studies + 36 credits in lecture courses
- Practical studies: 6 credits per year for internship (or field research in special cases)
Japanese courses are also available
Up to 10 credits from one-year program, two-year program (except a part of courses) can be recognized as credits of specialized courses and included in the number of credits required for program completion, if you have the N2 level of the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) or equivalent.
- Global Management
- Business Communication in Japanese Organization
- Management Strategy
- Strategic Organizational Management
- Business Practice in Japan
- Logical Thinking vs Intuition
- Financial Management
- Global Economic Development
- Human Resource Management in Japan
- Managing Talent
- Opportunity and Entrepreneurship in Japan
- Media and Entertainment
- Marketing in Japan
- Service Management in Japan
- Innovation in Global Business
- Innovators and Leaders
- Applied Marketing
- MBA Special Lecture
- Project 1-A (1st year Internship) Project 2-A (2nd year Internship)
- Japanese Management
- Japanese Production Management & Supply Chain Management
- Open Innovation
- Business Leader Development
- Entrepreneurship and New Business Creation
You can find Japanese courses and schedules as well.